Our club was formed in late 2001 as Photographic Society of Killarney and was renamed Killarney Camera Club in 2006. Our aims are:
- To promote and organise photographic activities for our members.
- To provide a forum for our members to pursue their photographic interests.
- To co-operate with other organisations in the promotion and organisation of photographic activities.
Our members come from a wide range of backgrounds but we all share a common hobby; the love and pursuit of photography. You can see some of our work on our flickr site.
Some of us have years of experience while more among us are beginners. Whichever category we belong to we continue to learn more about photography through sharing our knowledge and experience with our fellow members and through the activities in which we participate.
Among the events we organise are:
- Local outings for members, e.g. Killarney National Park, Dingle.
- Presentations by guest speakers such as well-known local photographers, experienced members from other photographic clubs or from amongst our own membership.
- Competitions amongst our members, each based on a different theme.
- Organising local exhibitions
- Attendance at events/presentations organised by other local photographic societies.
We meet every fortnight on Thursday night, except during July and August, from 7.30pm in the Conference Room, First Floor, The Heights Hotel. We also organise outings and other events. Check our events diary for more information.
We welcome new members who share our passion for photography, regardless of level of experience or knowledge. People are invited to attend up to 2 meetings free
of charge before deciding on whether they want to become members.
Our current committee is:
Treasurer: Mícheál Ó Searcóid
PRO: Billy Horan
Chairperson: Terry MacSweeney
Officer: Ille Muul